Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Oh Holy Night



Last week, I had some of my club members ask for a card for next month's class using the Oh Holy Night stamp. So, last night I had this idea in my heard. Now, lots of ideas in my head don't come out as I envision it. But this one actually did.

I started off by deciding to use the Yuletide Carol paper pack. This paper is so versatile it can be used for any occasion. 

On my clear block, I put together the baby, Mary, star and Shepherd from "Reason for the Season" stamp set. Then stamped them with Champagne ink on Colonial White paper.

I decided to put tan, green and purple together for this card. So I over stamped "Oh Holy Night" on New England Ivy and then heat embossed with clear detail EP. The purple I used is Smokey Plum. 

I colored the crystal swirl with the GY235 Sap Green ShinHan Alcohol Marker

Once I knew what I wanted, I searched for a sketch challenge that would enhance my idea. I found it at Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.


Other Challenges for this card:
Pinspirational - Inspirational picture (Nativity scene)
Party Time Tuesday - Anything


3 comments:

Stephanie Marie Brown said...

Love the Oh Holy Night with the nativity in the background. going to scrap lift that idea. Hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving Nancy!!!

Dana Joy said...

Fantastic project. Thanks for playing with us at Party Time Tuesdays!

Nance said...

Very beautiful card! Thanks for sharing it at {PIN}spirational challenges!